This week I have looked at some artists that I think will be relevant to look at considering how I am going to make this piece of work.
The first artist I looked at is Tracey Emin, particularly her bronze sculptures she made of baby things found around a particular area that was to show the high teen pregnancy rate in that area. I like the idea of making art and reducing it to something that has been abandoned or is just rubbish to other people, making lost things or remnants of objects into actual art. I have had a similar idea of taking objects from the fly tipping site and casting them, and putting the casts of the objects back into the landscape I found them in.
The second artist I looked at is Sophie Calle, but mainly focusing on her 'Birthday Ceremony' series. I like the set up of these as they are all in the same kind of cabinet, displaying objects on the shelves that all have a theme for each cabinet. I like the idea of presenting my objects in such a way, presenting it in a box or cabinet that revolves around one theme.
The fourth and last artist I looked at is artist duo Fischli and Weiss. I like their work as it is misleading, and questions the importance of objects that may not be considered as 'art'. I like this idea and I can see some of these thoughts being seen in my work for this module as I am questioning the importance of objects by taking rubbish and turning it into art, then making casts of this rubbish I have found (cast = art) and then artistically fly tipping the casts bad into the landscape reducing them to rubbish, which can be seen as misleading when the cast are discovered in the landscape.
No comments:
Post a Comment